GamuT will have their world debut of the Zodiac loudspeaker at the Venetian suite 29-324. This new cost-no-object masterpiece from GamuT, an internationally renowned Danish manufacturer of State-of-the-art audio components, brings delight to announce the launch of their new loudspeaker. If you're already a fan of Gamut's superlative RS Series (and let's face it, if you've heard them, you will be), then you're in for one heck of a treat. The new hot-off-the-press Zodiac is a further development of the pride of the RS Series, the huge RS9.
"The ZODIAC is basically my dream loudspeaker," says Benno Baun Meldgaard, Gamut's Designer, whose passion and skills are such that in Europe he has earned the nickname ‘the best ears in the business'. In fact, if you've ever seen Benno set up and fine-tune a system you'll know why he's also known affectionately as ‘the speaker whisperer'. To watch him ‘dance' a loudspeaker into its absolute optimum placement is something every audiophile should witness at least once in their lifetime. In 2016 Benno's dance card has been reserved for the ZODIAC, into which he has poured all of his expertise built on decades of psychoacoustics research, development and not least enjoying countless classical live concerts – the only true reference.
"This is my Mona Lisa" he explains. "It's me taking loudspeaker design and engineering to the ultimate, removing any and all constraints – including cost – to create a genuine masterpiece of musicality. As an audio designer and lover of live music, this is the kind of project you live for". A true masterpiece doesn't typically go into mass production and the ZODIAC is no exception. Just 12 pairs will be handcrafted each year, one per month, and each will bear the relevant sign of the astrological zodiac. No serial numbers here, just a star sign. Designer Benno Baun Meldgaard will be demonstrating the new ZODIAC, in suite 29-324 at the Venetian Hotel at CES 2016. We'd be delighted if you too would join us and discover the new ZODIAC, as well as several other ‘stars' from the Gamut range.
The Gamut Zodiac: highlights in brief
• Only 12 pairs to be built each year (one per month/sign of the zodiac).
• Extended frequency response of 16Hz to 60kHz.
• Phase-aligned drive units from 400Hz to 12kHz yielding pin-point sound staging with vast 3D imaging and flawless timing.
• All drive units have been newly custom-designed and individually matched by Benno, to deliver phenomenal dynamic response.
• Highly complex cabinet showcases a new system of internal spacing, semi-separated by bespoke acoustic filters for impeccable impulse response and no dynamic restrain.
• The all-important crossover is a new innovative design featuring superlative quality components sourced from Danish experts Janzen Audio.
• That personal touch: Gamut's Designer Benno Baun Meldgaard will visit each owner within 12 months of purchase to fine-tune the Zodiac set-up in the owners listening room.
M250i Mono Power Amplifiers
To achieve the purity and clarity that our clients demand, GamuT have come up with a very simple and very effective solution for power amplification device. They only use one transistor, but a very large one indeed. Using a single massive transistor allows us to tune them to sonic perfection and lay out a much simpler signal path. The transistors we use are massively expensive, but we think it's worth it, and you might agree when you hear our amplifiers perform.
Gamut will also be at CES 2016 with their new Reference cables
that include speaker, interconnect and power distributors. Gamut is currently seeking a select number of additional international distributors. Those with a proven track record of successful sales and marketing for high-performance hi-fi brands are warmly invited to visit Gamut at the Venetian at suite 29-324 for a preliminary discussion.